title="Lesbury Parish Council in Northumberland">

Neighbourhood Development Plan - Minutes

Meetings of the Neighbourhood Development Planning Team are held in Lesbury village hall at 7pm on the 3rd Wednesday of the month.  To view minutes click on 'Minutes' next to date of meeting.

Minutes 1   - 31 May 2017

Minutes 2   - 21 June 2017

Minutes 3   - 19 July 2017

Minutes 4   - 16 August 2017

Minutes 5   - 20 September 2017

Minutes 6   - 18 October 2017

Minutes 7   - 15 November 2017

Minutes 8   - 20 December 2017

Minutes 9   - 17 January 2018

Minutes 10 - 21 February 2018 

Minutes 11 - 27 March 2018

Minutes 12

Minutes 13

Minutes 14

Minutes 15

Minutes 16

Minutes 17

Minutes 18

Minutes 19

Minutes 20

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

Lesbury Neighbourhood Development Plan – Steering Group

Meeting on 31 05 2017 (NDP01)


Present; Douglas Hunter, Clive Church, David Thomasson, Jill Thomasson, Pam Allen, Jean Humphry, Mike Norris, John Hall, Peter Cossins
Apologies: Adrian Vass, Johnathon & Pippa Wallis

Welcome
Douglas Hunter, Chair of Lesbury Parish Council opened the meeting and welcomes those present and explained what this meeting aimed to achieve.


Introduction
Jean Humphry gave a brief introduction to what a Neighbourhood Plan aimed to achieve and how the Steering group should approach the task of producing a plan.


Item
Appoint a Chair; Pam Allen was appointed Chair of the Steering Group
Appoint a Vice Chair: Jean Humphry agreed to be Vice Chair

Agree the Terms of Reference
3.3 was questioned, with the response of the PC ensuring that the Steering Group remained at a consistent number and any drop outs were replaced.
3.4 an amendment was requested to confirm that all publicity and media will be through the PC
6.1 clarification of the Nolan Committee on Standards in Public Life was offered by the Chair
The Terms of Reference were agreed

Question
Did the PC have the right to veto content of the Steering Group? As there are four members of the Steering Group are also members of the PC it is likely that the members of the Steering Group and the PC will support the proposed plan. It was also pointed out that the Local Authority also have the right to reject the plan or request amendments.

The schedule was agreed as monthly meetings to be held on the 3rd Wednesday of each month ensuring a report is presented to the PC on the 4th Tuesday of each month.


The overall target timescale to bring the Plan to completion is 18 months with the below schedule as an initial outline:


June 2017 - Confirming formal processes
July            -Research and Housing Needs Analyses
July / Sept - Development of Plan
Oct / Mar   - Consultation
April / May - Amendments
June / Dec - Submission process

The next meeting is scheduled for Wednesday 21st June2017 (Confirm VH availability)

A member of the LA Planning Team will be invited to support this first meeting.
It is a requirement that the boundaries of the Neighbourhood Development Plan as the Parish Boundaries be confirmed by the LA

Jean Humphrey agreed to progress a Housing Needs Analyses through an independent provider

The remainder of the discussion embodied the Vision and Objectives and included:
     Social & Economic objectives
     The Holiday letting sector
     Small enterprises
     Farms and Farming
    Social fabric and infrastructure including The Village Hall, A joint School and community Sports Facility, a new community centre, play facilities for children

Everyone agreed to consider Vision and Objectives in preparation for the next meeting

Minutes taken and to be circulated

Circulate the SHLAA Report

It was considered appropriate that a dedicated letter should be sent to all parish residents informing constituents of the intention to create a Neighbourhood Development Plan

Date & Time of next meeting - 7pm on Wednesday 21st June, Lesbury Village Hall

End of meeting 

 Click here to return to index


 

LESBURY PARISH NDP STEERING GROUP


Minutes of the meeting (NDP02) held at 19.00 on 21 June 2017

Present
Pam Allen(PA) (Chair),Chris Anderson(CA) (Northumberland CC),Clive Church(CC), Peter Cossins(PC), Sir John Hall(SJH), Jean Humphrys(JH), Mike Norris(MN), Adrian Vass(AV)

Apologies
Douglas Hunter, Jill and David Thomasson, Pippa and Jonathan Wallis

Minutes
The Minutes of the meeting held on 31 May 2017 were approved.

Matters arising

1. David English (NCC) has provided a map showing the Parish boundaries, which will be the boundaries of the Neighbourhood Development Plan.

2. Andy Dean (NCC) has agreed to a meeting in July with a small group to discuss the Housing Needs Analysis.

3. Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment (SHLAA) to be circulated (Action DH)

4. Letter to Parish residents to be prepared before next PC Meeting (Action JH/PA)

Discussion with Chris Anderson

1. Chris introduced himself and gave a quick resume of his experience of supporting groups to create NDPs.

2. Chris reminded us that the ‘teeth’ in any NDP comes through its planning policy and that policy plans must meet Government regulations. He talked about the need to agree the range and scope of the plan and the importance of having a factual accurate assessment of the facilities and infrastructure within the parish boundaries. Once we have clarity about what we have, we can begin to define what we need to underpin any development we may propose.

3. It should be possible to consult on the aims, objectives and aspirations that form the outline of the development plan before forming specific and detailed policies.

4. Discussions indicated that we want to ensure that future housing for Lesbury preserves the integrity of village life, supports sustainability through steady growth and meets the needs of its population. Our aspiration to have high quality education and first class facilities for our children is probably outside the scope of the plan, but must be a consideration if we are to attract young families to the village.

5. The Housing Needs Analysis will help us to decide on the nature of housing stock needed, whether that be affordable homes, small single storey dwellings in courts, or family homes.

6. Chris Anderson will secure answers to questions as part of our fact finding audit. All questions should be submitted via Pam Allen

 

7. To ensure we complete the plan in a timely manner we will work in small groups between meetings.


Committee members Area of work
     Mike Norris Housing
     Adrian Vass and Sir John Hall Facilities and infrastructure
     Clive Church and Jean Humphrys Education

Peter Cossins will take on responsibility for drafting papers and documents

Next meeting

1. Next meeting - 19 July 2017 at 7pm in Lesbury Village Hall

2. Dates for future meetings -

     16 August
     20 September
     18 October
     15 November
     20 December
     17 January 2018


Signed:
Chairman

Date:

 

 

 

 

 

 Click here to return to index


LESBURY PARISH NDP STEERING GROUP


Minutes of the meeting (NDP03) held at 19.00 on 19 July 2017

Present
Pam Allen(PA) (Chair),Chris Anderson(CA) (Northumberland CC), Gill Bland (GB) Peter Cossins(PC), Sir John Hall(SJH), Jean Humphrys(JH), Douglas Hunter (DH), Mike Norris(MN), Adrian Vass(AV)

Apologies
Clive Church (CC), Jill (GT) and David Thomasson, Pippa and Jonathan Wallis

Minutes
The Minutes of the meeting held on 21 June 2017 were approved. Gill Bland was welcomed to the Steering Group.

Matters arising

  1. Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment (SHLAA) could not be found on the relevant website. Chris will search for it and circulate. (Action CA)
  2. The application to designate Lesbury Parish as a neighbourhood area was submitted to NCC on 28 June 2017.
  3. Letter to Parish residents will be finalised at the next PC Meeting. It will include the names of Steering Group members and the telephone numbers of AV, PA and JH as named points of contact. (Action DH)

Project plan

  1. Action plan attached to the minutes will form the basis of the project plan. It will be ‘RAG’ rated.

Facilities survey

  1. AV approached Northumberland Water and representative will meet AV and SJH in September. Currently seems to be a problem with sewage in at least three places in the parish. AV will raise this at the meeting. (Action AV)
  2. Need a facilities and infrastructure audit. CA will send a template and this will become part of the work being completed by SJH and AV. (Action SJH and AV)
  3. CA to prepare statement setting out the powers we have as a community in terms of future development.(Action CA)

 Meeting with Northumberland Estates

  1. PA and JH met Rory Wilson from Northumberland Estates on 28 June 2017 to discuss our proposal for a NDP for Lesbury Parish. 
  2. One of the Development Planners for the Estate will meet with members of the Steering Group on 3 August 2017 to outline development plans. This will be followed by a meeting with the full committee on 16 August and a further meeting with Rory Wilson on 17 August. PA to confirm meetings and attendees. (Action PA)

 Housing needs assessment

  1. On 18 July 2017 a small group met with Andy Dean, Director of Community Action Northumberland (CAN) to discuss the support that CAN is able to offer to complete a housing needs assessment. This was followed up by:
  •       Letter confirming what CAN is able to offer
  •       Associated proposed timetable
  •       Copy of national guidelines for Housing Needs Surveys
  •       Example copy of a questionnaire (Cambridgeshire)


The group decided that it would like to carry out a Housing Needs Assessment

  1. The initial data will help to refine the questionnaire. We would also like to explore other ways of gathering views of people in Lesbury Parish. Once we have talked to people and decided on the questions we can agree a structured approach to the assessment.
  2. Please send any comments on a potential questionnaire, based on the Cambridge template, to PA. (Action all)
  3. Meeting on 23 July 2017 at 2pm to decide on questions we need to include in a questionnaire. (Action PA, GB, MN, JH)
  4. There is funding available to build affordable housing and it would be helpful to find out more about this from localities that have tackled this issue. Invite a representative from Wooler to our next meeting to talk about the approach they have adopted to provide affordable housing. (Action AV, PA)

 Education

  1. CA provided information on schooling in the parish, including the proportion of children who are not in the catchment area of the school. Hipsburn School is to be extended further, but still lacks many of the facilities needed for children aged between 2 and 11 years. Information gathered shows that there is a need for improved facilities for science, food technology and sport.
  2. Better sports facilities are also needed for the wider community. An appointment with the Head Teacher has been requested. (Action JH)

 Elderly

  1. GB has agreed to join the Steering Group and to take a special interest in the needs of the elderly.
  2. We discussed a range of possible housing models that could be considered.

 Grant application

  1. PA and JH checked through the grant application and PA sought clarification from CA on aspects of the form. The funds should be used to help with our strategy to engage local people, to support the process of turning our aspirations into clear objectives that make the NDP achievable and for the referendum.
  2. PA will complete as much of the form as possible before sending on to the PC. (Action PA)

 Next steps

  1. Update the timetable to include meetings with Northumberland Estates, to reflect the timetable for a housing needs assessment and to include the letter to residents at two-monthly intervals. (PA and JH)

AOB

  1. CA explained what would happen now that NCC had withdrawn its Core Strategy. The interim strategy is expected to be approved shortly and should be in place by end of July. This will set out how planning issues will be dealt with until a new strategy is produced.
  2. The NDP is expected to cover a 15-20 year period with a review. The review will be needed if there are changes in local or national priorities.

Meeting closed 9.00pm

To ensure we complete the plan in a timely manner we will work in small groups between meetings.

       Committee members                         Area of work     

       Mike Norris                                          Housing
       Adrian Vass and Sir John Hall             Facilities and infrastructure       
       Clive Church and Jean Humphrys       Education
       Gill Bland                                             Elderly


Next meeting – 16 August 2017 at 7pm in Lesbury Village Hall

Dates for future meetings -

     20 September 2017
     18 October 2017
     15 November 2017
     20 December 2017
     17 January 2018

 
Signed:
Chairman

Date:
 

 

Click here to return to index


LESBURY PARISH NDP STEERING GROUP


Minutes of the meeting (NDP04) held at 19.00 on 23 August 2017

Present
Pam Allen(PA) (Chair), Chris Anderson(CA) (Northumberland CC), Gill Bland (GB), Jean Humphrys(JH), Douglas Hunter (DH), Mike Norris(MN), Adrian Vass(AV)

Observer
Jill Thomasson(GT)

Apologies
Clive Church (CC), Sir John Hall (SJH), Pippa and Jonathan Wallis

Minutes
The Minutes of the meeting held on 19 July 2017 were approved.

Matters arising
PA explained that Peter Cossins felt that now that the NDP steering group was well-established, he would step down from the group. He offered to support the work as it progressed.

Discussion of meeting with Tom Johnston,
Glendale Gateway Trust, Wooler

PA, SJH, AV, GB and JH met Tom Johnston in Wooler on 16th August. Tom explained the history of the Trust and its current operations. He and three other members of staff raised grants and other sources of funding to create a Trust which supports the provision of housing in the community. It also supports economic growth, principally through the development of retail units in the High Street. The community facilities are managed by Tom and his team. Currently, the business enterprise is self-funding and has assets worth around £3million, although this has not been audited. It provided the steering group members with a useful insight into ways in which another community managed development in its area.

The model could not be applied in Lesbury Parish as it was reliant on land owners providing development land and financial support to launch the project, but much of the learning about running an organization of this sort is transferable. Tom has agreed to advise us if we need his help as we progress.

Meeting with Northumberland Estates

PA, AV, SJH and JH met with Rory Wilson and Guy Munden from the Northumberland Estates on 17th August. The main purpose of the meeting was to hear about the plans and aspirations for future development in Lesbury Parish. We discussed a range of topics including education, homes for older residents of the Parish and the current provision in and around Lesbury Parish. The discussion gave some useful insights into development in the area. RW and GM offered to provide support of a practical nature, for example drawing up maps and plans and expressed a wish to continue to meet. We will draw up our draft aspirations for development ready for consultation with people in Lesbury Parish and, once agreed, will talk again with RW.

Project plan

The Action log was updated.
A note of the meeting with the HT and Co-Chair of Governors of Hipsburn School was circulated prior to the meeting, as was a note from CA about the status of NDPs.

Next Steps
It was agreed that:

  • AV, PA and JH would respond to the Northumberland Estates
  • AV would hold a further meeting with Northumberland Water Authority when there was more to discuss re infrastructure
  • PA, JH would draft the vision and aspirations based on discussions at previous meetings and would circulate them for comment
  • PA, GB would meet with Peter Biggars who is advising other groups about writing policy and NDP proposals.

AOB

  • MN asked if his proposal to seek land to create an orchard would be included in the NDP. It was agreed that it should be.
  • MN, AV would contact Mick McMahon and PA would contact Billy McKnight to ask them to form part of a working group to advise the steering group on environmental matters in the Parish.
  • MN was asked to send in a copy of any actions taken to date and people contacted to ensure that duplication is avoided.
  • MN asked what was meant by ‘material considerations’ in the note from CA on the status of NDPs. CA will circulate two slides that explain ‘material considerations’ in terms of planning.

 Meeting closed 8.25pm

Next meeting – 20 September 2017 at 6.45pm, beginning with housing needs assessment meeting, in Lesbury Village Hall

Dates for future meetings

        18 October
        15 November
        20 December
        17 January 2018

 

 Signed:
Chairman

Date:

 

 

 

 

 

Click here to return to index


LESBURY PARISH NDP STEERING GROUP


Minutes of the meeting (NDP05) held at 20.00 on 20 September 2017

Present
Pam Allen(PA) (Chair), Chris Anderson(CA) (Northumberland CC), Jean Humphrys(JH), Mike Norris(MN), Clive Church (CC), Sir John Hall (SJH)

Observer
Allison Wort(AW)

Apologies
Gill Bland ( GB), Douglas Hunter (DH), Adrian Vass(AV)


Minutes
The Minutes of the meeting held on 23 August 2017 were approved.

Matters arising
PA gave a brief update on our response to the Northumberland Estates

Hipsburn school

PA welcomed AW who explained that she was co-chair of the governors at Hipsburn School and was representing the HT who was unable to attend this evening. AW gave an outline of the current state of the school buildings and pupil numbers. The school now has two mobile classrooms on site. About a third of its pupils come from out of catchment and the school is now offering places to two year olds.
There was a huge amount of interest in the work of the school and the committee expressed a wish to support the school in its endeavours to provide a first class education for children.
There was a brief discussion about some of the ways in which the school could become a centre of excellence, but the discussion focussed mainly on the building, land and provision needed for the school.

Housing needs survey
See attached note on the separate meeting which took place prior to this meeting. AD will now work on a final version of the document, with a view to having something ready for the champions to see on 7th November 2017.

Vision and Objectives
PA explained that the draft on vision and objectives had started from CC’s paper. It had been added to by JH and PA and CA had transposed the information into an appropriate format.
CA explained that he had separated out the vision, objectives and practical implications we had drafted. He also listed a number of questions in each section of the paper that we should try to answer to reference our vision and to give a clear picture of Lesbury today. CA felt that we could do much of this work ourselves and that would give us a document of greater substance to hand on to a consultant for further work. This would save costs and would keep the essence of the vision in our hands.

We will use the next draft as a consultation document with the wider community. Once we have taken account of the views of as many people as possible we will take the document to the next stage and employ a consultant to write the policies that will underpin our vision and objectives.

Everyone was asked to try to answer CA’s questions and to submit answers to PA before the next meeting.


Project plan
The Action log was updated.

Next Steps
It was agreed that:

  • Everyone to try to answer CA’s questions and send to Pam
  • AW to discuss with school to check that they are supportive of what we are proposing
  • CA to contact Peter Biggars
  • SJH and AV to take forward the assessment on infrastructure and talk to the water board
  • JH to seek funding from the PC to hold an evening event on 7th November to brief champions and consult with others on the vision and objectives of the NDP and to officially open the toilet block.

 AOB

  • Demographic balance in ages if possible to be added to the objectives

Meeting closed 21.10pm

 Next meeting – 18 October at 7pm at Hipsburn Farm Cottage, Hipsburn Steadings

Dates for future meetings –

        15 November
        20 December
        17 January 2018

 

 

Signed:
Chairman:

 

Date:

 

 

 

 

Click here to return to index


 LESBURY PARISH NDP STEERING GROUP


Minutes of the meeting (NDP06) held at 19.00 on 18 October 2017

Present
Pam Allen(PA) (Chair),Chris Anderson(CA) (Northumberland CC), Jean Humphrys(JH),Mike Norris(MN) Clive Church (CC), Sir John Hall (SJH), Gill Bland ( GB), Allison Wort ( AW)

Apologies
Douglas Hunter (DH), Adrian Vass(AV)

Minutes
The Minutes of the meeting held on 20 September 2017 were approved.

Matters arising
1. AV advised that his current work schedule would not allow him to complete the audit on the Parish infrastructure. GB, AW, PA,CC and SJH agreed to help with this audit.
2. AW agreed to be co-opted to the NDP steering group and to liaise formally with Hipsburn School.
3. Peter Biggars is not available to act as consultant for the Lesbury Parish NDP; CA has suggested two other consultants that could be approached. PA will contact one of the two to seek advice.

Vision and Objectives

1. MN completed and circulated a significant amount of information about Lesbury Parish from census data and a variety of other sources. The information, which has been referenced, gives a pen picture of the Parish.
2. There was a brief discussion about the information provided and a small group (PA, CC and MN) agreed to meet to refine the document. MN was thanked for his very helpful draft. MN agreed to write a section on stewardship; protecting green spaces and looking at future developments.
3. AW advised the steering group that the school would like to retain its ‘village school feel’, although new facilities and a building that was fit for purpose would be welcome; should funding become available through s106 money for example.
4. There was some discussion about what the NDP could and could not do. It was agreed that our vision could be ambitious, but that objectives should be realistic and measurable. Including a developer based- policy in the plan would help us to channel funds, such as s106 funds, into the Parish.
5. A local occupancy policy might also be considered for any new houses being built, but we need to be aware of the impact this may have on the price of current housing stock.
6. CA outlined other documents we needed before we could usefully involve a consultant in the work. After some discussion it was agreed that we should approach a consultant to take forward what we had already produced so that we could move on to the next task.
7. It was also agreed that we need to have a project plan, with targets. CA to send a version that we can use.

Evening of 7th November

1. We agreed that the members of the NDP steering group would be introduced and a brief explanation of its purpose presented. ‘Champions’ would be introduced and this would be followed by a round table review of our draft visions and objectives which would be on display. The main purpose will be to seek views to determine:

  • whether we had included the right things
  • what, if anything was missing
  • general views about future development in the Parish
  • how people could help us to take this forward.

2. There would also be a chance to look at the housing needs survey questionnaire.


Project plan
The Action log was updated.

Next Steps

1. A small group would convene to look at the information provided by MN and to fill in gaps.
2. Preparation would be made for the 7th November
3. A small group would meet to complete the infrastructure audit.
4. PA and JH to offer to talk to Lesbury WI
5. AW to find out if Hipsburn School wants to provide children’s art work for the evening of 7th and or to have a competition to design a front cover for the NDP

AOB
1. Housing technical paper on housing development in the last 20 years being developed by CA.

Meeting closed 8.45pm and the committee looked at large scale plans of the area. CA will try to send us large scale plans for the meeting on 7th November 2017.

Next meeting

1. Next meeting – 15 November at 7pm in Lesbury Village Hall
2. Dates for future meetings –

     20 December
     17 January 2018
     21 February 2018
     21 March 2018
     18 April 2018
     16 May 2018


Signed:
Chairman


Date:

 

Click here to return to index


 

 

LESBURY PARISH NDP STEERING GROUP


Minutes of the meeting (NDP07) held at 19.00 on 15 November 2017

Present
Pam Allen(PA) (Chair),Chris Anderson(CA) (Northumberland CC), Jean Humphrys(JH),Mike Norris(MN) Clive Church (CC), Sir John Hall (SJH), Allison Wort ( AW)

Apologies
Douglas Hunter (DH), Adrian Vass(AV), Gill Bland ( GB)


Minutes
The Minutes of the meeting held on 18 October 2017 were approved.

Matters arising
1. The infrastructure group had one meeting and set out work that needed to be completed on the infrastructure. Tasks have been allocated to individuals to complete and circulate.
2. MN, CC and PA had two meetings to complete the draft Visions and Objectives in preparation for the community event held on 7th November
3. PA contacted Jenny Ludman who has agreed to help us with the plan at a later stage. PA will meet Jenny next week.

Outcomes of community event (7th Nov)
1. PA presented a summary of the comments made during the meeting; all of which were in line with the expectations of the NDP committee. It was reassuring to have a public endorsement for the vision and objectives we had set out.
2. We now need to agree a series of focused meetings based on the issues raised by residents
3. We will report on the outcomes of the meeting in the next newsletter

Update on infrastructure audit
Report from Allison on infrastructure; survey on school and cricket club almost completed and awaiting a response on the village hall.

Next Steps
1. Seek technical help to identify best options to present to people for consideration followed by a series of focused consultation meetings on transport including the station, housing, leisure including education; environment and use of land
2. Seek support from NCC to broker arrangements to halt planning until the NDP is agreed
3. Apply for technical support as part of the grant
4. Look at the environment in terms of trees/ greenery and the landscape
5. Talk to the Estates about contributing their ideas and plans as one of the options we will present in our focus group
6. Complete the project plan.


AOB
1. There was no other business.

Meeting closed at 9pm

Next meeting – 20 December at 7pm at Lesbury Village Hall (apologies from AW and JH)

Dates for future meetings –

     20 December 2017
     17 January 2018
     21 February 2018
     21 March 2018
     18 April 2018
     16 May 2018


Signed:
Chairman

Date:
 

Click here to return to index


LESBURY PARISH NDP STEERING GROUP

Minutes of the meeting (NDP08) held at 19.00 on 20 December 2017

Present
Pam Allen(PA) (Chair), Gill Bland (GB), Clive Church (CC), Sir John Hall (SJH), Douglas Hunter (DH)

Apologies
Chris Anderson, Jean Humphrys, Mike Norris, Adrian Vass, Allison Wort

Minutes
The Minutes of the meeting held on 15 November 2017 were approved.

Matters arising

  • Letter to Northumbrian Water on possible ‘stress’ points in the sewerage system sent w/c 4.12.17
  • Unique situation with single landowner - Chris has spoken with Mark Ketley (Head of Planning, NCC) who recommended a round table discussion with the Northumberland Estates, Gordon Castle, Robbie Moore and representation from NCC
  • Chris will check for information from NCC on water/drainage in the Parish – not usually part of an Infrastructure Audit, but there are particular issues in Lesbury
  • PA has spoken with Guy Munden, Planning Officer with NE, and invited NE to contribute to the focus groups we are planning for next year. DH explained that the PC have invited relevant organisations to attend the PC meeting on 24th Jan to address this issue alongside other drainage issues
  • Newsletter 4 has been written and approved by the PA
  • Update on Infrastructure Audit presented

 Update on Infrastructure presented

Update on Housing Needs Survey

  • Total of 492 questionnaires distributed. Excellent response rate over 50% - usual response rate 10 – 20%.

 Questionnaire on Leisure Facilities for Young People.  

This is part of Duke of Edinburgh Award by Will Brunger

Update on Planning Application 17/03535/OUT

Organisation of Focus Meetings planned for next year

  • The PC are discussing with councillors and relevant organisations how to address ongoing sewerage / drainage issues in Lesbury alongside reviewing the station parking issues. Additionally Guy Munden (NE) invited to contribute to focus meetings on Leisure/Education, Station parking/Transport, Housing/Environment
  • John Hall has asked an architect to draw designs for a multi-purpose leisure facility
  • Previously discussed order to be Housing/Environment, followed by Station parking/Transport, then Leisure/Education but this may change
  • For Leisure/Education, present ideas in Cricket club, school and Village Hall, so that residents have time to think about ideas being presented
  • Consider planning an event for each focus meeting, with experts to present ideas
  • Involve people from Alnmouth in focus group meetings where subject is relevant to them – School, Leisure Facilities, Station

Any other business

  • Website for NDP – possible to be dedicated part of PC website?
  • DH agreed in principle and will confirm asap

Date for next meeting: 17th January, 2018

Signed:
Chairman

 

Date: 
 

Click here to return to index

 


 

 

 

LESBURY PARISH NDP STEERING GROUP


Minutes of the meeting (NDP09) held at 19.00 on 17.1.2018

Present
Pam Allen(PA) (Chair), Jean Humphrys(JH),Mike Norris(MN) Clive Church (CC),
Sir John Hall (SJH), Allison Wort ( AW)

Apologies
Douglas Hunter (DH), Adrian Vass(AV), Gill Bland (GB),
Chris Anderson(CA) (Northumberland CC)

Minutes
The Minutes of the meeting held on 20.12.17 were approved.

Matters arising

  1. Progress on plans for leisure facilities; JH reported that plans were underway and that the architect was ready to look at the area in need of development.

Outcomes of housing needs assessment

  1. Andy Dean reported that, to date, we have a 58% return which gives the NDP a good mandate.
  2. Main finding showed that 80% of respondents were in favour of small scale development.
  3. 33 households felt that their current homes did not meet their needs and that the Parish did not have viable alternatives for them, at present. Over half of those seeking different housing were looking to purchase other homes and the remaining half were divided between rented/ shared purchase.
  4. Most people wanted two or three bedroomed houses or bungalows.
  5. Annual income (10 of 17) less than £30k; but 12 out of 15 could afford to pay £400 per month for rented accommodation and 11 of 15 could afford more than £5k deposit.
  6. The need identified for a small number of affordable homes makes us eligible to explore the development of community led houses.
  7. Policy to start with local connection and then spread out; curtail second homes.

Jenny Ludman Consultancy

  1. Agreed to accept Jenny’s terms and conditions and to apply for a grant to fund her time.
  2. Agreed to ask Douglas to submit the grant application.

Next Steps

  • JH to email MN and DH re setting up an NDP webpage
  • PA to organise meeting with Northumberland Estates
  • Special meeting (car parking)
  • Special meeting (housing)
  • JH and PA to contact champions (Gazette article)
  • Newsletter re outcomes of housing needs survey
  • SJH to organise visual aids
  • 15th February (if available) for meeting about car park. CC to organise
  • The meeting closed at 8.47 pm


Next meeting – 21 February 2018 at 7pm at Lesbury Village Hall

Dates for future meetings

     21 March 2018
     18 April 2018
     16 May 2018


Signed:
Chairman

Date:
 

Click here to return to index


 

LESBURY PARISH NDP STEERING GROUP


Minutes of the meeting (NDP10) held at 19.00 on 21.2.2018

Present
Pam Allen (PA) (Chair), Jean Humphrys (JH), Mike Norris (MN), Clive Church (CC),
Sir John Hall (SJH), Allison Wort (AW), Adrian Vass (AV), Gill Bland (GB),
Chris Anderson (CA) (Northumberland CC), Jenny Ludman ( JL)

Apologies
Douglas Hunter (DH)

Minutes
The Minutes of the meeting held on 17.1.18 were approved.

Matters arising

  1. Website (MN) Mike now has access to the website, but needs to have information on creating a new page and the NDP group needs to agree the content.
  2. Missed deadline for the grant application to support NDP. New deadline for grant is April. More work being done to take forward an updated application.

Jenny Ludman, Ludman Planning
Will help us to pull together the strands of our work and write the plan and policies.

  1. In NCC terms ‘a small development’ is defined as around 5 houses for AONB and rural areas and 10 for other parts of the county.
  2. Regional plan is at an early stage and CA reported that NCC will support NDP where settlement/boundaries are being considered.

Review of report on housing needs survey

  1. Clear and helpful report which gives a recognisable picture of the needs of the Parish.
  2. Agreed and adopted the document as a helpful evidence base to support the NDP policy on housing.
  3. Need to consider and agree the best combination of houses for the Parish by using the report and seeking views of others in the Parish at the next stage of consultation.

Planning for community event 28 February 2018

  1. Car parking at the station is the main focus of the meeting. We will make it clear that we are contributing to consultation at county level for the station development, mainly because the issue is wider than Lesbury (housing in Amble, Longhoughton etc).
  2. Local people will have an opportunity to speak about possible solutions and their ideas will be summarised and passed on to NCC. The meeting will allow for a short number of solutions to be presented and then ‘voted on’.
  3. Need to use the large screen to present plans and outcomes

Planning for Community event in March /April2018

  • Re-emphasise the purpose of the NDP and what it can and cannot do, for example within a settlement boundary (CA). The focus is on housing and this is probably the most significant part of the NDP.
  • Have agreed the starting point and are now consulting on next steps. Need to ask what we want for the community; suggest x% growth over 10-15 years. Mix of housing to meet the needs expressed in the audit. Also must consider how we build the infrastructure to support development. ‘What do local people want for Lesbury in the future? ’is a key question.
  • We should try to set up maps over a number of days so that people can comment on where they would want and not want development. It should also enable people to show where we might have play areas, trees, an orchard, shop(s) and other facilities.
  • A public meeting would follow after the results have been analysed. Date to be confirmed, but could be a weekend.

AOB

  • Will Brunger has finished his survey of young people in the Parish and will come to the next meeting to present his findings.
  • We could ask the PC if there are any funds for a landscape architect to help with plans. Fees of this sort would not be covered by the grant as they are not directly related to development.

Meeting finished at 21.00

Next meeting – 21 March 2018 at 7pm in Lesbury Village Hall

Dates for future meetings

      21 March 2018
      18 April 2018
      16 May 2018
      20 June 2018
      18 July 2018
      15 August 2018
      19 September 2018
      17October 2018


Signed:
Chairman


Date:

 

 

 

 

 

 

Click here to return to index


 

 

LESBURY PARISH NDP STEERING GROUP


Minutes of the meeting (NDP11) held at 18.00 on 27 March 2018

Present
Pam Allen (PA) (Chair), Chris Anderson (CA) (Northumberland CC), Jean Humphrys (JH), Mike Norris (MN), Douglas Hunter (DH), Adrian Vass (AV)

Apologies
Gill Bland (GB), Clive Church (CC), Allison Wort (AW)

Minutes
The Minutes of the meeting held on 21 February 2018 were approved.

Matters arising

  1. Grant application portal is not open until 3rd April 2018. PA to write new application and DH to submit.Webpage up and accessible.
  2. MN is uploading all relevant documents.

Outcomes of community event (21 March 2017

  1. PA presented a summary of the meeting attended by about 75 people, and a detailed analysis of the summary of the preferred options identified by around 50 people who completed and submitted voting slips. The comments were analysed by address so that the views of those people living closest to the station could be considered separately. The meeting went well and several people sent in preferred options after the meeting. These will be incorporated into the analysis. Views will be summarised and reported through the newsletter. An account of the evening was sent to The Gazette.

Next meeting to focus on development

  1. We agreed that we would have three separate meetings covering the same content in the school, the village hall and the cricket club. The group discussed a number of ideas for development and for presenting ideas to Parishioners.
  2. At each meeting we will try to provide visual aids to show possible developments, seek views by asking people to indicate on maps where they would want to see development and include a brief talk from young people who were brought up in Lesbury and are keen to return to the Parish. We will use facilitators for these sessions to ensure that dialogue is promoted effectively and to allow committee members to be free to circulate.
  3. Need lead facilitators to manage the three meetings and three facilitators.
  4. We will aim to hold these meetings in the week beginning 14th May if we are able to engage facilitators, create architectural drawings and sort venues in that time.

Next Steps

  1. Seek architectural help to draw up 3D presentations of developments
  2. Apply for the grant.
  3. Look at the environment in terms of trees/ greenery and the landscape.
  4. Complete the NCC recommended project plan.

AOB 

  1. Sir John Hall resigned from the committee for personal reasons.
  2. There was no other business.
  3. Meeting closed at 7.25pm

Next meeting – 18 April at 7pm at Lesbury Village Hall

Dates for future meetings

     16 May 2018
     20 June 2018
     18 July 2018
     15 August 2018
     19 September 2018
     17 October 2018

 Signed:
Chairman

 

Date: 
 

Click here to return to index